Three positions available:
Business Development Officer
Member Service Representative/Teller
Business Development Officer
DVA Federal Credit Union, District of Columbia, is in search of a high energy, flexible, fun-loving, experienced business development professional to help drive our growth in Washington DC as the Membership Development Coordinator.
- The Membership Development Coordinator is responsible for developing and executing strategies to grow the membership base in the DC community.
- The Membership Development Coordinator will develop and maintain relationships with members of the community and select employer groups (SEGs).
- Candidate will need to work closely with branch personnel to ensure timely, thorough follow-up on all leads generated and must work closely with the Marketing Manager on outreach strategies and identifying obstacles to membership growth.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who needs little supervision, can work a flexible schedule and is highly motivated, preferably with a history of opening new branches.
- Must be people-centered, able to build positive relationships and a persuasive speaker.
- 3 years of business development experience with a financial services firm required (preferably with a credit union).
- Strong sales background with a proven history of closing the sale.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility in scheduling a must.
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects.
- Familiarity with credit union products and services a plus.
- Creating a strategy to increase membership growth from within the community,
- Developing reports to communicate results,
- Providing recommendations to enhance the credit union's community and industry visibility,
- Assisting with all community engagement and sponsorship opportunities,
- Representing DVAFCU at on-site events, stakeholder meetings, and industry and other civic/public relations activities as necessary,
- Promoting features and benefits of DVA FCU products and services through on-site visits and,
- Educating existing and potential members about DVA FCU.
DVA Federal Credit Union is full-service financial institution with more than $100 million in assets. Its headquarters are near the Metro Center subway stop in Washington, DC.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DVA Federal Credit Union is seeking an energetic, detail oriented, Accounting Manager. This position manages two staff members. Position supervises the daily operations of the accounting function. In addition, this position provides support to the CFO in the areas of financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and process improvement. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Bachelor's Degree including accounting coursework plus minimum 4 years of recent financial institution accounting experience is required. Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and standards is required.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required.
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
- Experience with Symitar Episys is a plus.
- Understand of ACH processing rules as appropriate to job function is a plus.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and a variety of instructions required along with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skill including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, members and the general public.
- Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Supervise and perform accounting functions including accounts payable, bank account reconcilements, general ledger account reconciliation, accrued expenses and fixed asset accounting.
- Supervise and as needed perform settlement functions including ACH processing, share draft processing, ATM network settlements and remote deposit capture processing.
- Supervise the research and resolution of member inquiries regarding ACH and Share Draft affidavits, stop payments, returned checks, and daily returns.
- Ensure accounting department staff is properly trained to perform current job functions as well as providing appropriate cross training and educations opportunities to advance their skills.
- Research, resolve and continue to monitor all open issues.
- Keep management informed of accounting area activities and of any problems. Report the status of all account reconciliations to the CFO.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for process improvement to enhance efficiency, profitability and/or internal controls.
- Ensure that the department follows all internal controls.
- Ensure department maintains accurate procedures for all department functions.
- Support the development of the credit union's monthly financial reports and annual budget.
- Assist in the organization's cash forecasting and management.
- Provides assistance to credit union's auditors and examiners.
DVA Federal Credit Union is full-service financial institution with more than $100 million in assets. Its headquarters are near the Metro Center subway stop in downtown Washington, DC.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com.
Member Service Representative/Teller
DVA Federal Credit Union, District of Columbia, is seeking a highly motivated individual to serve our membership in a dual Member Service Representative/Teller role. Located close to Metro. Competitive salary, plus travel allowance.
- Previous customer service or financial institution experience preferred.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required.
- Experience with Symitar Episys a plus.
- The ideal candidate is able to identify member needs and provide appropriate solutions.
- Responsibilities include guiding members toward appropriate DVA FCU's products and services, processing loan requests and processing member's financial transactions in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
DVA Federal Credit Union is full-service financial institution with more than $100 million in assets serving employees of the Department of Veteran's Affairs and the DC Community.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.