Branch Manager: Albany Location
DVA Federal Credit Union is looking for an enthusiastic, personable financial institution professional to serve as Branch Manager at our office located in the Albany VA Medical Center, Albany NY.
Two years of financial institution supervisory or similar related job experience. Excellent customer/member service, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills. Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with Symitar Episys a plus.
Manages the daily operations of the branch including 3 subordinates. Supervises and trains branch personnel. Ensures the branch meets organizational, service, and membership growth goals. Responsible for loan activity within the branch, ensuring loans are processed in a timely manner and that loan goals are met.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 202-737-2992.
Hours: 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
DVA Federal Credit Union is seeking an energetic, detail oriented Accounting Specialist to work as part of 4 person Accounting team. Position performs a wide range of duties encompassing all aspects of the accounting function including ACH processing, accounts payable, general ledger postings, bank and general ledger reconciliations, ATM settlements and financial statement preparation. Candidate will alternate job functions with colleagues to ensure cross training in all accounting department responsibilities. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
• Perform accounts payable function including obtaining authorizations as appropriate.
• Post to and balance general and/or subsidiary ledgers, process payments and compile segments of the monthly closings and annual reports. Resolve open items.
• Reconcile bank statements and credit union clearing accounts and resolve differences.
• Process Share Drafts and Returned and Incoming Items.
• Perform a variety of semi-complex and routine accounting and clerical duties related to the processing of share drafts, ACH functions and ATM settlements.
• Understand ACH processing rules as appropriate to job function.
• Research and resolve member inquiries regarding ACH and Share Draft affidavits, stop payments, returned checks, and daily returns.
• Research, track, and resolve (or properly refer) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
• Keep management informed of accounting area activities and of any significant problems. Report the status of all account reconciliations to the Accounting Manager
Associates Degree plus minimum 2 years financial institution accounting/ bookkeeping experience. Commensurate experience will be considered. Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel, is a must. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations and a variety of instructions required along with the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Candidate should have strong interpersonal and communication skill including the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from group of managers, clients, members and the general public.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and salary requirements to Human Resources via fax (202-737-2992) or email email@example.com.
Call Center Representative
The ideal candidate is responsible for assisting members with information on all Credit Union products and services by phone in a prompt and courteous manner. Processing loan requests and member's financial transactions accurately, timely and professionally, while guiding members toward appropriate DVA FCU's products and services.
Previous customer service or financial institution experience preferred. Good oral and written communication skills. High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Must be familiar with Microsoft Office suite. Experience with Symitar Episys a plus.
Email you resume' to firstname.lastname@example.org or respond via fax to 202-737-2992.
DVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.